Piston Provost

Developed for the Royal Air Force in the 1950s, the Percival P.56 Provost was used to provide basic training to aspiring pilots. The first Flying Training School to be equipped with the Piston Provost was No.6 FTS at Ternhill in October 1953. The Provost proved to be a very popular aircraft due to its aerobatic qualities before being replaced by the jet-powered version, the Jet Provost in August 1961. The Piston Provost will be on static display in the Vintage Village on Air Show day.